Please join us!
Please join us!
Offered for the first time in French
This professional training is designed to prepare MBSR & MBCT instructors to teach Interpersonal Mindfulness as a follow-up to the 8-week MBSR program. Registration is now open.
Teaching Presence in Relationship is a training designed to prepare MBSR & MBCT instructors to teach the 8-week Interpersonal Mindfulness Program to graduates of mindfulness-based programs. Awareness, mental stability, and calmness associated with silent meditation are developed in practice with others. Based on the meditation practice of Insight Dialogue, participants experience greater freedom and compassion internally and interpersonally as they integrate meditative qualities directly into relationship.
The training will be taught in English and translated in French (as the intention is to build a French speaking teaching community).
- Maintaining a regular personal meditation practice
- Previous participation in at least one 7 – 10 day silent, teacher-led retreat
- Previous participation in at least two 5 – 7 day Insight Dialogue retreats*
- Participation in an 8-week IMP course (native language if possible)
- Professional training as a teacher of MBSR or MBCT **
- Have taught at least 5 cycles of MBSR/MBCT.
*More information available online. Due to Covid restrictions, some in-person requirements accommodations may be considered.
** Applications from other MBI teachers will be considered on an individual basis.
In this training, participants will:
- Experience first-hand the meditative Guidelines of Insight Dialogue
- Develop a theoretical and practical understanding of Interpersonal Mindfulness methods and practices.
- Expand and enrich their capacity as teachers to effectively interact and communicate with program participants.
- Examine, in detail, the elements of the Interpersonal Mindfulness Program.
The first four days of this training are presented primarily in retreat form. Noble silence is practiced throughout this part of the retreat except when we are actively meditating in dialogue together. During the subsequent four-day training period, opportunities are available for participants to speak, practice, guide and be guided in small and large groups, and to network, further supporting personal and professional connections.
Further Information and Registration
Association pour le développement de la Mindfulness
Information about the Interpersonal Mindfulness Program